Money advice

Being a student brings with it a number of financial challenges - we can help you make the most of your money.

Do I have to pay Council Tax?
FULL-TIME STUDENTS There is no council tax to pay where ALL the adults aged 18 or over in the household are full time students. The University provides de...
Wed, 28 Feb, 2018 at 3:47 PM
Can I claim benefits?
Most students cannot claim state benefits while studying, even during vacations. There are exceptions for students with children, some disabled students, a...
Wed, 28 Feb, 2018 at 3:48 PM
If I'm working, will I have to pay Income Tax?
WHAT IS INCOME TAX? Everyone who earns above a certain amount during the Tax Year (this runs from April 6th of one year to April 5th of the following yea...
Wed, 28 Feb, 2018 at 3:49 PM
How can I make the most of my money?
It is important at the beginning of your academic career to realise that you will be living on limited resources. By planning your income and expenditure ...
Wed, 28 Feb, 2018 at 3:51 PM