One of the first tasks to complete as new Society Exec members is a handover with the outgoing Exec members. This is crucial to ensure you have a good understanding of how the society operates and you know how to access everything that you will need. We ask you to complete this as part of the re-affiliation process.
We suggest that you organise a meeting with both the incoming and outgoing Exec to discuss aspects relating to running the society. It is also suggested that you create a handover document that contains all the useful information.
A handover should include:
- Description of your Exec roles and society activities
- List of useful contacts
- Shared files, incl. committee minutes, logos, project plans
- Passwords (emails/social media/online accounts)
- Inventory of any equipment, kit, etc. you have and where it is stored
- Society projects – completed, ongoing, plans/ideas
- External paperwork you may have, incl. sponsorships
- Top tips for overcoming challenges throughout the year
- Transfer of the bank account signatories
Below is a useful guide/template that we ask you to complete as part of the re-affiliation process.